Sunday, June 2, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Joan Cornella

I just realized I only posted 1 thing in 2012.

2013 will be different.

For my restart of my blog I'm having a little spotlight on an artist named Joan Cornella.
I haven't been affected by an artist like I am of Joan in a long time. Amazing fucking work that will speak for itself.

CKICK HERE FOR HIS BLOG

Here are my favorites:








 

Absurd beauties!
If you love these you should go and buy the prints of this collection of work.
He's selling some of them HERE.

These comic-esque paintings have been extremely insightful to me. They bring out the idea of "montage" and cutting. It helps me understand how our minds operate with sequence and the sadness and humor that can be manipulated with each cut. ( I'm assuming  his understanding of the cut comes from being a comic artist  since comics are quite cinematic.)


This work reminds me of this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment